Our Family

Our Family

Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of School!

What a great day for Halie! This is her all dressed up this morning and ready to head out the door. She has been a little nervous about this day for a while. Paul and I were able to walk her to school this morning. As we were walking she started to get pretty excited as she saw all the other kids heading to the same place she was. Once we made it to the school she very proudly led us the way to her class and I had to stop her at the door to get a picture with her new teacher, Mrs. Coe. After that she was on her way to start her day without me. I had to chase her down to get a goodbye hug! She said "I'm really excited now!" once she got into her class. It sure made leaving her there a whole lot easier! She had the same level of enthusiasm when I picked her up too! I'm so proud of her!



A couple of days ago I had the realization that this was the first time in her life that we were sending her out into the "world" without us. Except for the gym, all the other times she is apart from us is in a christian environment. It made me realize the gravity of it all, how important it is for Paul and I to be covering her little heart in prayer daily. Praying for God to truly write His name on her heart and draw her into a relationship with Himself early in her little life.
This was a big step today Halie. I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment