Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fun in the sun!

We had a great stay with the Swaim family! The kids had fun being kids, playing and going to the pool and beach. We spent a couple hours at the beach last night and everyone had a blast! Halie, Connor and Norah were all about the boogie boards and riding the waves. I tried to be pretty chilled, but the thought of my baby being pulled out into the ocean kind of freaked me out! She did great though! Austin loved being in the water a little too much too! I think they would both be happy to find somewhere next to an ocean, but mommy and daddy didn't appreciate the humidity too much, sorry guys. We left the Swaim house around 10:30 am to hit the road. It is now 10:15 pm and we are all a little tired. The plan was to hit Washington DC this evening, see a few of the main sites and hit the road for a little more driving. Well, we made it to DC, but couldn't find a place to park close enough to anything we wanted to see, so after much deliberation, we decided to stop at Starbucks, caffeine-up and keep driving as far as we could to Michigan. I have to say, so far into the trip, Washington DC has been our biggest surprise. The city was incredible, there were active people EVERYWHERE! I have never in my life seen that many people out running, biking, playing soccer and softball, it was amazing! And, the city was beautiful too. It got put on our list of places we would like to visit for a vacation someday. I am having problems uploading my great beach pictures from the car. I'll get them on tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment