Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

April 23, 2010

We made it down to Galveston tonight. It is finally here, the half ironman I have been training for, looking forward to, dreading, for months. But here we are and there is no going back. To say I am nervous is an understatement…. Tomorrow is check-in and we are going to do a practice swim . Hopefully I’ll feel better after that. The kids are at home for this trip. Halie is spending some much needed girl time with her cousin Samantha. I so appreciate my sister in law, Davelyn for letting her come and be a part of their family for the weekend. Austin and Chewy are staying with Grandpa and Grandma.

There were a few things the kids had done over the last week that I wanted to get written down before I forgot them. Halie spent the day on Thursday with Nana. They went down to the clinic to visit Papa at work. She saw her first surgery on a dog. I guess Dr. Radasch had a dog lying on the table with its entire stomach opened up and some organs were out. A little much for a first surgery observation for a four year old! Later that day she told me very emphatically “Mommy, I do not want to be a veterinarian when I grow up!”. On that same day she asked me, “Mommy, why do the call the person with the ring a ring bear?” We had to clarify the difference between a bearer and a bear!

Austin has started saying new words, “bubble” and “apple”. He is trying to imitate a lot of the words we say. He started shaking his head “no” yesterday. I asked him if he was ready for bed and he very clearly told me no! He discovered his shadow yesterday. We were walking at the park and he looked over at his shadow, pointed at it and said “Daddy!”

No comments:

Post a Comment