Our Family

Our Family

Friday, May 21, 2010

A Big Week!!!!

Everyone always says, "it goes by so fast...." and as much as I hate to be cliche, it is so true. Halie had her last day of Preschool yesterday and I can't believe that it is done. I have a sweet little girl who is starting Kindergarten next fall, wow.... I still remember when she was just a little baby and Paul got accepted to law school. We would talk about how when he graduated that Halie would be 5 and starting school. At that time it seemed so far away, but now, here we are! The following pictures were from her graduation program at school last week. She had a wonderful teacher, Mrs. Stirman, who she absolutely loves. Mrs. Stirman lives on a farm and has many different animals, some got to come visit the kids at school over the year.









Halie with Mrs. B, the teacher assistant in her class.



Halie with Mrs. Stirman!


Later that night we had Daddy's graduation party!!! The celebration of the culmination of four years of very hard work on his part! I am so proud of him. He has had so much on his plate, but does such a good job of keeping me and the family as a priority for his time. In all his decisions about how to spend his time, he very rarely ever made a decision without running it by me first, which I really appreciate. So we had the party at Nana and Papa's new, partly renovated historic home. The original idea was to have the party outside in their very large, shaded yard, but the weather had other plans for us. It had not rained in weeks, until the day of his party. So we moved the party inside and Nana did an incredible job of taking a partially renovated house and turning it into a beautiful party! We had a great turnout and more fajitas than an army could have eaten! If anyone ever orders bulk fajitas, talk to me first, I learned some very important lessons!! Here are a few pics from the party. I am so sad to say that I did not get any pics of the guest of honor. I took a few at the beginning and then got side tracked and forgot to take anymore, sorry Paul!














Saturday, May 15, 2010 - Graduation Day
Way to go babe!!!! I have to brag, he graduated Cum Lade, in the top 1/3 of his class! I was a bit startled when I first saw him try on his cap and gown, I had never seen a doctorate uniform before. I couldn't tell if he looked like a baker or a smurf! It looked less funny with a few hundred other people wearing them! Not to repeat myself, but I can't believe he is done. While it seemed to take a long time during the last four years, it is hard to believe that this chapter is over. Now, onto the next chapter...summer vacation! Note the black eye in the pics, it was a basketball injury...at least that's what we're telling people :)













Wednesday, May 19
Awanas Awards Night
As I have mentioned before, I helped teach Halie's Awanas class this year. I really had a good time getting to know the kids. They are all so different and so much fun! On this night, the kids got their awards for memorizing their verses. Halie started complaining about a sore throat on Tuesday night, but didn't have a fever and wasn't acting sick. By Wednesday night, before we left for church she started acting a little sicker, by the time we walked across the stage she was shivering and in tears. I was completely unprepared for a fever and feel like a little bit of a heel of a mom, now looking back. She had a 102.6 fever when we got home and her only request at church was, "Can I go home and go strait to bed??!!" So that is what we did.




Now, here we are 3 days later and the fever and sore throat are gone! We got to go have a little tea party at tea room this morning with some girls from church. She had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment