Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hermann Memorial Half Ironman

Here we are, we both made it through the race!!! 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run. It was by far the hardest thing I have ever done in my entire life! I was a nervous wreck the whole morning, but it was amazing how once I jumped into the water to start the swim, the anxiety just went away. The water was really rough, but this leg of the race felt good and I felt pretty strong. God answered my prayer, the one about being so completely anxious out there in the ocean during that swim, because it was the easiest part of the whole race! Then came the bike......just a little 56 mile sunday ride. It was ok until about the 40 mile mark, then I just wanted it to be over, it was becoming painful. It felt so great to get off that bike, but then came the run. I can't really call it a run, it was more of a wog (walk-jog), but again, it was painful, my legs actually went numb at mile 11, I really couldn't feel them (i'm not sure if that is healthy or not). The finish line was a welcomed site. 6hr 49min later, I was done. My awesome husband was there at the finish line with my #1 fan (my dad) cheering for me. I was so focused on finishing I didn't even hear them cheering for me. Paul did awesome, set his new PR, 5hr 39 min - GO PAUL!!! 2 liters of IV fluid later, we were ready to head back to Dallas. A girl I ran with for a little while made an analogy, she said "it's kind of like having a baby, horrible right now, but tomorrow you will be happy you did it." She was right.

IMG_6954

IMG_6956

IMG_6959

IMG_6963

IMG_6968

IMG_6970

IMG_6975

IMG_6982

IMG_6991

IMG_7006

IMG_7020

IMG_7030

IMG_7031

IMG_7033

1 comment:

  1. I am SOOOO proud of you!! You have always been a child who took a hard situation and prevailed!! WOOOHOOO to both of you!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete