Our Family

Our Family

Monday, January 17, 2011

A new day

"O come, let us sing for joy to the Lord, let us shout joyfully to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms. For the Lord is a great God and a great King above all gods, in whose hands are the depths of the earth; the peaks of the mountains are His also. The sea is His, for it was He who made it; and his hands formed the dry land. Come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord our Maker." Psalms 95:1-6

We read this scripture aloud on Sunday at church. It really hit me, as it should, how big He is and how small I am. It's His world, not mine. It's amazing how I need constant reminders of that...

I am reading through Acts right now and another scripture stopped me today. Paul is in Athens, talking to people there. Acts 17:23-31 "For while I was passing though and examining the objects of your worship, I also found an altar with this inscription. 'TO AN UNKNOWN GOD'. What therefore you worship in ignorance, this I proclaim to you. The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands; neither is He served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since He Himself gives to all life and breath and all things; and He made from one, every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times, and the boundaries of their habitation, that they should seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, 'For we also are His offspring.' Being then the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and thought of man. Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all everywhere should repent, because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead."

What can I add to that....Nothing, so I won't! Praise God!!!

As I am sitting here at the computer, it has started snowing outside again. I hope I never get tired of it. There is a school across the street from where we are staying right now and the preschoolers just got let out for recess, they all ran out into the snow with their hand held high tying to catch it, very cute, made me smile. I love that my kids are loving the snow. We asked Halie last night what her favorite part of Colorado has been so far, her answer, "the snow". I was really worried about how she would do with the cold, but she has adjusted really well. There are times she doesn't even care if she has on a coat! That is a HUGE change from just a few months ago!

Halie is doing great at school. She has a good time, except sometimes she complains about another little girl in the class who is kind of bossy to her. It makes me laugh inside, because sometimes she can be the bossy one! We have been going up to the YMCA to swim alot and she is doing really well. She has taught herself the backstroke and can hold her breath underwater for about 13 seconds (that is her record so far :) She will start swim lessons 2x a week in Feb.

Austin also loves the water, almost to the point that it is kind of scary. He will jump off into the water and go under. He tries to get himself up, but still needs my help. He comes out of the water with a smile and a squeal every time! He has sporadically started potty training again. He started before we moved, but put the brakes on it when we got up here. Last week he asked to go, asked for a magazine that was sitting on the counter, then asked me to leave and shut the door. When I came back he had done his business!! There is no doubt that he is 2 now. He is becoming quite stubborn and willful. We spend alot of time in timeout, but lucky for him, he is really cute, so it is hard to stay upset with him for long!

Paul is working and studying hard for the bar. He has been able to take some time to play with us though, which has been a lot of fun. He and Halie went out on a little doughnut date on Monday, and he took us all out for ice cream at McDonalds the other night which the kids really enjoyed.

So far everything for the house is looking good. The inspection went well and the owners eagerly agreed to the one thing we asked to be done! We are so excited to get moved in!!!!

More later, I'll try to get some pictures on too!


1 comment:

  1. Not sure if my other comment posted- but if it didn't I will rewrite it- I was just catching up on your blog. Your new home is beautiful! I can't imagine waking up with such amazing surroundings everyday!

    ReplyDelete